If you're reading this, it's because you're interested in a change, right?
Maybe you need a new challenge, career development, or maybe flexibility to fit around family. Payara can give you all of that through our 'People First' culture where you really do matter.
So much, that we offer complete flexibility on location as standard; We have colleagues in over 14 countries globally supporting clients spanning a much further reach.
As well as offering some awesome benefits to help you feel like the star you are, that's sounding pretty good, am I right again?
So please read our vision, look at this role, and embrace change by applying to be part of our journey.
Payara is trusted as a global Software Development company.
As a successful business, we are aware of our responsibilities, so we work to sustainable principles that benefit our customers, community and employees.
We are recognised as a leader in creating innovative future-proof software products. We provide industry-leading expertise and services that enable our users across a diverse range of industries to create world-class solutions.
We promote excellence, initiative and growth through our passion, and by being a trusted pillar of the Open Source community - We want the very best talent to be part of our journey together.
We are proud to nurture and grow an open, vibrant, collaborative community that builds on the needs of all to advance our software and services while providing support, stability and security.
Java Test Engineers are passionate about technology, doing things right, and applying that passion to deliver the best solutions to meet our client expectations.
You will be the foundation of the Technical Delivery team, building processes and procedures that focus on problem solving, design and implementation of quality focussed solutions.
As a Senior Java Test Engineer your key goals are:
- Deliver a world class open source application server to our customers
- Use best practice and proven knowledge to support the development of Payara platforms
- Develop expertise in key test technologies used in the development of Payara platforms
- Designing and implementing technical solutions that best meet Engineering requirements
- Contribute to business growth in in line with company targets
- Continuous self-development of testing knowledge and internal best practice
- Manage the full test cycle ensuring a robust process is in place from testing environment through to production
- Create automated testing practices for live development within multi-disciplined team projects
- Design and deploy testing strategies to ensure quality within Payara products
- Design, deploy, and maintain test suites for ensuring Payara products are of a high-quality
- Keep our test suite infrastructure maintained and up to date – System Administration
- Plan and coordinate the monthly release process for all Payara Products
- Providing QA / CI support to the Engineering Teams
- Ensure Payara development processes are adhered to
- Author test related technical documentation, knowledge bases and best practice guides.
- Building in-house knowledge and expertise in the testing of Payara Products and surrounding technologies
- Building best practice in the testing and continuous integration of Payara products
- Building tools and techniques to aid monitoring of Payara products
- Some on call or out of hours working may be required for this role
- Strong software testing experience
- Experience of Enterprise Java technologies such as:
- Payara Server
- Oracle WebLogic
- IBM WebSphere application server
- Apache Tomcat
- Oracle Glassfish
- Strong knowledge of test platforms and frameworks such as:
- Strong knowledge of administration, configuration and development of testing within cloud environments such as:
- Strong systems administration background across multiple operating systems
Visit the Payara website to learn more about the company. For a discussion about this role, our company or any other roles advertised please feel free to email Mag.email@example.com